Ascott is a small Cotswold village in the Evenlode Valley close to the Oxfordshire Way. The houses consist of attractive limestone cottages round the village green. The village is famous for the Ascott Martyrs who were imprisoned when they protested against low agricultural wages.
The church is partly of Norman origin and is set in a large churchyard featuring a long avenue of Lime trees.
The interior of the church is quite plain and in the chancel is a three seated sedilia. The windows are in various styles dating from circa 1290 Early English to circa 1560 Perpendicular.
Five bells were cast in 1744 by Henry Bagley III. The Bagleys were a family of bell founders based at Chacome in Northamptonshire who set up a temporary foundry in Witney. They supplied bells for towers in Fulbrook, Witney, Shilton, Westwell and Standlake. The sixth bell, the treble, was added in 1905 when the tower was renovated. This bell was a gift from the Cornbury Estate and was cast at Whitechapel. All the five original bells bear inscriptions identifying the maker and the two church wardens of the time. These were John Chaundy and Michael Rose. In addition the 2nd bell bears the inscription “A new song sing unto the Lord” and the 3rd “Fear God and honour the King”The six bells incorporate a 7.5 cwt tenor and are rung from the ground floor of the church.